- You implement product features (using Typescript or Golang) that will help improve people’s sleep and support our core business
- You will implement backend services in a services-oriented architecture (APIfirst) in a cloud-native environment (AWS)
- You fully own, i.e. develop, maintain and operate your team’s tech stack
- You will be a team player as part of an agile, empowered team and contribute to the development of fellow engineers
- You contribute to the improvement of our CI&CD and DevOps & SRE practices
- You will take part in recruitment processes to grow our tech team
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Business Informatics or equivalency in relevant work experience
- You possess several years of proven experience in software development and operation practices covering the full software development lifecycle (ideally in an E-Commerce business)
- You are experienced in designing and delivering APIs and backend services meeting the highest software quality standards
- You bring extensive knowledge of computer science fundamentals, incl. data structures, object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- You are capable of implementing unit, integration, end-to-end and load tests
- You are highly self-organized and interested in taking over ownership and bringing the team to the best solution
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- A big focus on Team building (e.g., hosting face-to-face events, virtual book clubs, virtual hangouts etc.).
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
- A flexible home office set up.
Lisbon - Portugal
Fullstack Job Details
We revolutionize sleep by pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for rest. Our aim is to awaken´s people best by enhancing their sleep.
2021 has been our most successful year yet. We became the #1 bed-in-a-box brand globally and turned into one of Europe´s leading sleep brands, with our revenues increasing to 645 million euros. Our 1000 team members are proud to represent over 65 nationalities at our offices in Frankfurt am Main, Manila, Lisbon, Shanghai, and Mexico City.
We’re looking for high-performing talents to join us on our journey to becoming the world’s #1 sleep company. If you thrive in a dynamic atmosphere, rise to challenges, and like to see your fresh ideas realized quickly, our Team is the right fit for you.
Our work culture is built on strong values that promote community, agility, and ownership. Growth and excellence in all areas are important to us, which is why we offer exciting opportunities to our employees so they can unlock their full potential.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our job offer Senior Backend Software Engineer - AWS / APIs / Databases / Home Office (m/f/d) sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via Workwise.
With our partner Workwise, you can apply for this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your application live.