- Technically designing and building (scalable) front-end applications from scratch and handling the overall architecture of the build
- Making use of existing services as much as possible and integrate them within your solution
- Fully documenting the features and code using domain driven development
- Deploying solutions to production, taking care of the (set-up of) full test- and deployment process
- Continuously improving the maturity of our delivery capability (by working on e.g. test automation)
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer science or related fields
- A minimum of 3+ years’ front-end apps experience (development, test, build, publish)
- Demonstrable experience with web development framework Vue.js
- Experience with NodeJS, Kotlin, Bash
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms (OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Token)
- Familiarity with Agile concept and Scrum, RESTful APIs and websockets, Docker, modern front-end build pipelines and tools (NPM, WebPack)
- Proven knowledge of Testing frameworks (Jest, Cypress)
- Good understanding of UX/UI
- Experience with AWS/Azure Cloud technologies, Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD Tooling (Gitlab, Sonarqube)
- Demonstrable experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Start-up / entrepreneurial experience
- Experience with software/design and Agile working in the financial sector
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus
- Experience in Android is a plus
- Great colleagues to work with, including the possibility to participate in Innovation Tech Hackathons
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- A competitive salary and a supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
- First round interviews with peers and HR
- Technical assessment (case)
- Second round interview with members of the Innovation Tech management team
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Fullstack Job Details
At a glance
Do you want to be part of the team which designs and builds innovative apps from scratch? Are you passionate about building front-end apps? Do you not mind to strengthen your mobile and/or back-end skills as well? Then we have a challenging position for you! The Innovation Engineering team within Strategy & Innovation is looking for an Front-End (fullstack) engineer with strong technical skills, an innovative mindset, affinity with business and an entrepreneurial drive. You’ll work directly with highly skilled professionals who share a passion for building, reinventing and innovating to bring solutions from idea to production. We are looking for passionate people who are used to work in (Agile) teams with a “go get it” mentality. Our team of engineers have strong system design and coding skills combined with an understanding of the business and a focus on continuous improvement.
As a Front-End (fullstack) Engineer, your main goal is to develop innovative apps for our initiatives and for our business lines. You help realize the execution of the Innovation Tech mission: enable high-quality and high-speed innovation through fit-for-purpose solutions, services, and platforms. Your activities include:
We have a start-up vibe. The Innovation Engineering team consists of more than 20 professionals with a passion for innovation and development and we work every day to create (measurable) impact for the bank. We focus on 'making a difference' and take a pragmatic approach to our solutions. You’ll work intensively together with our innovation initiatives, business teams and you’ll be part of a self-organized, multi-disciplinary, Agile team. We bring in knowledge from other departments within the bank such as product experts, legal and information security when necessary. There is an open team atmosphere where initiative is encouraged and where coaching and knowledge transfer is part of your day to day job.
You are a team player, pragmatic and value-focused. You have a strong problem solving skills and persistence towards completing tasks within deadlines. You take ownership and responsibility to improve the code and application and you are eager to learn and keep growing. You can act as a coach/mentor towards your colleagues. You have great communication skills, written and spoken (English) and are able to present your ideas and insights effectively to different audiences. Your experience with architectural concepts (and their trade-offs) allows you to make the right choices in designing and building apps.
Additionally you have:
Even if you don't meet all the criteria above, we encourage you to apply if you think you can be a valuable fit. We believe that great team members are willing to develop themselves in multiple areas, so we are happy to review your application and see if you could be a great fit.
We are offering
Note: Depending on your education and work experience, you will be employed by us as a medior or senior IT Engineer.
If you want to know more about this exciting opportunity, you can contact Patricia Kol, Head of Innovation Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to meet you.
Our process consists of three steps:
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.