- Develop new features in an iterative way that collectively form a larger application.
- Modify and enhance existing software to add or change features, while constantly improving the codebase.
- Participate in the estimation of work to be done as part of an overall agile process.
- Coordinate application implementation and test functionality to ensure specifications are met.
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of multi-threading concepts, TCP/IP, database, and REST based JSON APIs
- Experience with build and deployment tools: Maven, Git, JUnit
- Experience building and working with DevOps Toolchains (Nexus, Hygieia, SonarQube, Github, Jenkins)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work very closely with a larger development team of differing skillsets
- Experience and understanding of test-driven development
- Experience in Angular UI
- Experience in Kubernetes
- Experience with the scrum process
- Fluent and professional in English, through written and verbal communications
Guadalajara - Mexico
Fullstack Job Details
*This is a remote position*
SENIOR JAVA FULL STACK DEVELOPER
At DXC we use the power of technology to deliver mission critical IT services that our customers need to modernize operations and drive innovation across their entire IT estate. We provide services across the Enterprise Technology Stack for business process outsourcing, analytics and engineering, applications, security, cloud, IT outsourcing and modern workplace.
DXC’s application services help customers meet business demands and establish progressive pathways to strengthen business agility and resiliency and accelerate customers' digital transformation with a comprehensive set of services from the data center to the cloud to mobile devices; we do this with professionals delivering applications development, modernization, implementation, integration, testing and management through custom and packaged enterprise applications.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our developers assist with production and application development for one of our large clients. The ideal candidate develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains, and debugs software applications that support business units or support functions. They will work in a collaborative onshore and offshore team.
WHAT YOU’ WILL DO: this role your key responsibilities will be:
WHO YOU ARE
Joining DXC connects you to brilliant people who embrace change and seize opportunities to advance their careers and amplify customer success. At DXC we support each other and work as a team — globally and locally. Our achievements demonstrate how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues. You will be joining a team that works to create a culture of learning, diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to strong ethics and corporate citizenship.
At DXC we put our people first. In managing COVID-19, our actions are focused on the health, safety and well-being of our colleagues and their families and our approach is to encourage and support masking, testing and vaccination. With our Virtual First strategy the majority of our workforce now works remotely and will continue to do so. We recognize that requirements and availability around masking, testing and vaccination vary by location, and we continue to monitor and conform with government regulations and customer requirements specific to each location.