- Educating yourself with the right technical capabilities and the latest innovations
- Actively participating in knowledge gaining and sharing by joining communities and events. Furthermore, focus on proper knowledge dissemination across the teams, pushing the limits of our technology and focussing on holistic solutions.
- You make sure your code is safe, up to the latest standards, secure and working. You are open to feedback on your code and open to learn from peers and your Chapter Lead.
- Finding solutions to new challenges
- Java 11
- Spring Boot
- REST API
- Front End Framework (preferably Vue.js)
- Professional experience with Azure SQL database
- Driving the quality and performance of our code and able to write J-unit tests
- Great analytical skills and architectural understanding, ability to learn new technical concepts
- Experience with working on Azure DevOps CICD in large scale environments
- Enthusiastic to help grow the Java development community
- Pre: Experience with Docker, Azure Kubernetes (or similar)
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Fullstack Job Details
At a glance
Are you a Java Developer who likes to work on innovative solutions? Then we need your help, in making ABN AMRO a personal bank in a digital age! You like to stay up-to-date on the latest Java developments and you like to be a technical expert. How are you going to shape innovation, advancements and projects within your department? Our employees get the freedom to grow and experiment. When and where you and your team do you work, that is up to you! We work hybrid, which means you and your team can flexibly decide where and when you can work most comfortable and effectively. All-in-all, working at ABN AMRO means that you contribute to projects that matter and impact millions of customers! Are you up for the challenge?
You will work in your own DevOps block on developing and maintaining good quality and future proof IT solutions. This includes:
At ABN AMRO, we strive to be a personal bank in a digital age. That strategy is also brought to life in how we work ourselves. Hence, we offer hybrid working as the new normal. This offers you the flexibility to decide when and where you work most comfortably and effectively. Of course, we offer you the right resources you need in order to set up a good home office. For example, an ergonomic chair, desk and laptop.
Customer Master Engineering is one of the most vital departments within ABN AMRO. We build and maintain applications to manage one our most valuable assets, customer data. And in doing so, we like to use innovative solutions like Kafka streaming, whilst the heart of it all still relies on older technology. One of the biggest challenges in the coming years is to move our current solution towards Azure, making use of state-of-the-art solution provided. We highly focus on a DevOps mindset within our Teams and Departments. And above all we follow the Agile/Scrum mindset and empower our teams to be self-organizing. Within our teams you can expect challenging work with creative and innovative people who also love to celebrate success with occasional drinks after work.
You feel at home in a technical environment and are always up to date on the latest technologies. You love working on (Java) technologies to find the best IT solutions. At the same time, you get enthusiastic from creating wonderful code. Do you think you're a fit? Check your profile:
We are offering
Are you interested? Then respond to this vacancy. For more information, you can contact Menno van Geloven, IT Lead Customer Master Engineering at email@example.com. We would like to get to know you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.