- Build experiments, shipping fast and small, then work with product and design to monitor, learn and improve
- Consolidating validated experiments by implementing secure, reliable and scalable solutions, improving our technical architecture and developing features end-to-end
- Be responsible for all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintainability.
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, different internal technology product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Data: DBT, Snowflake, Segment, Looker
- 2-3 years of software development experience in a professional setting
- Experience in building and consuming REST APIs
- Passionate about product aspects, transforming ambiguous needs into concrete and impactful technical solutions: you love tackling challenges
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English - it is our business language
Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
London, England - United Kingdom
Fullstack Job Details
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us develop a new squad within the Growth & Expansion group of Spendesk’s Product & Engineering organisation.
We are inviting a talented programmer to join a collaborative and engineering focused team environment, in the the Growth squad responsible for driving Spendesk customers growth in a pivotal time as the company is moving from a sales led model to an hybrid growth engine combining sales motion with a powerful product led acquisition funnel.
The team will be new and you will also be able to contribute ideas to nurture changes to the part of the business the team will be responsible for. Once fully established, the squad will have a Product Manager, a Product Designer, and 4-6 Software Engineers (backend, frontend and fullstack). Together you will collaborate in outlining, shaping, and implementing experiments and solutions at fast pace to improve our product-led sales tunnel and refine our free offer to provide a delightful experience and increase adoption of our products.
You will be reporting into the Team Lead of the squad, who will be supporting you on your growth journey.
Our Engineers at Spendesk have a product mindset and can participate in product decisions and product discovery where there is ambiguity. Bringing the gap with marketing, in this role you will also be working closely to growth and marketing concepts, touching on key business metrics and analytics as well as collaborating with engineers owning our public marketing website.
Our stack is mainly composed of Node, React, TypeScript, MySQL & PostgreSQL, AWS, (SQS, S3, Glacier, ...), Terraform & Kubernetes, and GitHub (even for the CI).
About the role:
Your work is not only about writing code, you will be a great team player with a high degree of collaboration: making the team better every day is your mantra! Needless to say that by joining our team as software engineer you'll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you'll make may have a huge impact.
Our Product Stack:
Frontend: TypeScript, React.js, Jest, Cypress, Internal Design System
Backend: Node.js, TypeScript, Express/Koa, GraphQL, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Kafka, Jest
Platform: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Github, Datadog
Mobile: Swift, Kotlin
Who we are looking for:
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
What you can expect from the hiring process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of video calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of or CEO depending on the seniority level to review any remaining questions