- Iterate on WWCode’s technical products at womenwhocode.com, including our soon-to-launch digital member experience and the WWCode Job Board.
- Work closely with product managers, user happiness, and designers to distill complex business problems and user feedback into technical solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and guide the team on appropriate technical decisions.
- Write working, clean code that can be built upon by others.
- Collaborate with other engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Push code to production, maintaining tight quality controls.
- Consult on architectural and systems decisions.
- Document and share best practices.
- Modify codebase, as needed, to fix errors and manage technical debt.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; will consider experience, technical bootcamps, and certifications in lieu of degree.
- 5 - 6 years experience in software development.
- 3 - 4 years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- 2+ years experience with React.
- Comfortable working in agile workflow and managing deliverables across planned sprint cycles.
- Ability to work with teammates from different cultures across multiple timezones.
- Passion for empowering diverse women to excel in technology careers.
- Knowledge or experience with the Women Who Code community.
- Willingness to travel when appropriate (<5%); WWCode is currently fully remote.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Software deployment: 5 years (Required)
- Ruby on Rails: 3 years (Required)
- React: 2 years (Required)
Women Who Code
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Fullstack Job Details
Fullstack Software Engineer
This is a remote position, with preference for Atlanta, GA. or remote position. Women Who Code, Inc. (WWCode) is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
Women Who Code is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to empowering diverse women to excel in technology careers. As an organization, we have executed more than 15,000 free learning events around the world, garnered a membership exceeding 320,000, and have a presence in 147 countries.
We believe that a team dedicated to making our industry better should reflect the diversity within it. We take our
Code of Conduct seriously, and encourage those of groups traditionally underrepresented in technology to apply.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
At WWCode, our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for a full-stack developer who is comfortable working in Rails and React to help fill the gap while a core team member is on leave. This position will start as a contract role, with the opportunity for hire.
We use: Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, APIs, Heroku, Git, JIRA
Nice To Have
Women Who Code, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status and is a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote