- This position is contingent on financing from the National Research Council (IRAP) program
- Develop code and create new pages for the new platform using React, Next.js, and Blitz.js. Fine-tune front end for customer needs.
- Develop new business logic in the backend for email parsing and OCR detection.
- Lead a small team of 2-3 developers
- Devise and manage project deadlines.
- Propose and communicate technology solutions such as system design and architecture to the CEO.
- Node.js: 1+ years (Required)
- React: 1+ years (Required)
- Typescript: 1+ years (Required)
- Well-versed in Next.js
- Well-versed in ES6
- Well-versed in TailwindCSS
- Working knowledge or experience with tRPC or React Query
- Working knowledge or experience of PostgresSQL
- Working knowledge or experience in Prisma ORM
- Experience in working with small teams and fast-paced environments.
- Experience in supply chain and/or logistics
- Keen on creating solutions but also knowing when to ask for help
- Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, curious, creative, reliable and willing to fail after trying really hard.
- Takes pride, accountability and responsibility of their code and decisions.
- Able to keep up with the rapid pace development and also pivoting on a moments notice.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- React: 1 year (required)
- TypeScript: 1 year (required)
- Node.js: 1 year (required)
Vancouver - Canada
Fullstack Job Details
CargoSprout is a fast-growing tech-enabled startup that is deploying logistics services to un-clog the Global supply chain and make it work for our communities. We will be launching an exciting next-gen 3rd party logistics platform this winter that offers turn-key freight distribution services for small-medium-sized businesses. We have a diverse team that values creativity, collaboration, and benign candour. Power to the people!
Cargosprout aims to revolutionize the logistics industry by providing a web platform to consolidate shipment information and automate the logistics process for our customers. We are looking for a full stack developer with experience in React and Node.js to join our team and develop our next-gen platform.
Our startup is a member of the University of British Columbia’s HATCH accelerator program located in downtown Vancouver. We have a warm and welcoming community of leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs, educators, and students from all walks of life. Additionally, we are a featured finalist for 'Company of the Year' with the BC Tech Association. Come sprout your abilities with CargoSprout.
Day in the life:
What separates the best from the rest:
CargoSprout seeks a long-term bidirectional relationship. We have an open mindset here, we focus on continuous improvement, and we always play for the long term.
Candidates must adhere to the Canada Human Rights Code and Customs Regulations in Canada and not have a prior history of committing a criminal offence or engaging in suspicious activity due to the sensitive nature of international trade and commerce.
CargoSprout welcomes and encourages applicants who are indigenous, black, people of colour, visible minorities, women, 2SLGBTQQIA+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This job is partly funded by the National Research Council Canada and conditional on their continuing support.
This job is not eligible for international relocation support or work permit sponsorship. Candidates must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident and satisfy National Research Council IRAP requirements.
Reasons to Join:
We offer competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, a diverse workplace, and an exciting work environment. You will build the various gears that support commerce and watch your colleagues in operations turn the levers. Our platform provides visibility to schedule trucks, monitor containers at sea, and fill merchandise at a warehouse. You will work with the founder who has over 6 years of professional experience in logistics and our lovely team of employees and advisors. Everything is always moving at CargoSprout!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
COVID-19 masking guidelines are recommended but not required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-01-30