- Drive continuous delivery by participating in agile development, including estimating effort and complexity of new features and tasks.
- Produce robust and maintainable code, improving software team quality standards through example and leadership.
- Design systems architecture, including infrastructure that enables continuous integration and delivery.
- Design test strategy, including automated test cases to guard the quality.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to produce robust and maintainable code, following software team quality standards.
- Lead projects, gathering requirements, setting timelines, communicating milestones, and proactively troubleshooting.
- Help operate Cold Bore’s edge platform (embedded systems, IIoT).
- Help operate Cold Bore’s cloud platform (cloud app and API) with a Site Reliability Engineering approach.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and functional programming.
- Advanced knowledge of Elixir.
- Knowledge of at least one other language in our stack (Rust or Python) is considered an asset.
- Experience writing automated test code (unit tests, integration tests, etc.).
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CD/CI) pipelines such as Gitlab-CI, Jenkins, or similar.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Hands-on contributor – you enjoy writing code, solving complex problems and being in the trenches.
- Conscientious and results-oriented individual who goes above and beyond to meet their commitments.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Calgary - Canada
Fullstack Job Details
Who We Are:
Cold Bore Technology is a global leader in providing autonomous frac and is currently being sought after by all the major producers.
Cold Bore’s SmartPAD™ is the first and only completions master control system and is providing the infrastructure for bi-directional communication between all services on-site. Sharing data throughout the entire site and tracking the operation through sensor-based wellheads establishes a single timestamp, which is the only way to achieve fully autonomous completions.
Through the consolidation of digital data sources with SmartPAD™, Cold Bore provides operators with analytics in real-time allowing them to make informed decisions from their site or remotely.
Cold Bore Technology is seeking a Software Developer to join our growing Software automation team. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software in support of Cold Bore’s operations. This role is an opportunity for a self-starter to grow their experience in the exciting world of high tech, working with some of the smartest people in the industry to revolutionize completions through IIoT smart technology. Working in a fast-paced team environment, this role requires a self-motivated individual with a high degree of collaboration and innovation. Come work with a ground-breaking and result-driven team determined to transform the Oil & Gas Industry through technology!
Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a rockstar team. Attitude is everything!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate: