- Manage data pipelines
- Optimize and reduce latency
- Create endpoints that meet and exceed industry requirements
- Provide strategic guidance on engineering roadmaps
- Manage and reduce costs
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong familiarity and production-level experience with Amazon Web Services
- Our stack includes: EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, and VPC
- Strong familiarity and production-level experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Our stack includes: Cloud Compute, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Cloud Run, Container Registry, Secret Manager, VPC, and MemoryStore (Redis)
- One of the following certifications is required (or equivalent experience):
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- Professional Cloud Architect
- Familiarity with MongoDB and Mongo Document Storage
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Git
- Strong familiarity with backend and frontend systems
- Familiarity and experience with Terraform is a plus
- Previous experience with AdTech is a plus
- Knowledge of Python
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation
- Mentorship experience and the ability to grow your people
- Experience operating successfully in ambiguous environments
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health Spending Account of $3,000
- 3 weeks time off
- Additional holiday given before/after stat holidays
- Mental health resources
- RRSP matching
- Ability to work remotely
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a permanent resident of Canada? We can only accept PR at this time.
- Are you currently based in Canada? We can only accept Canada - based at this time.
- Do you have certification or 1 year experience in any of the ff: AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, and Professional Cloud Architect? We can only accept candidates who answers yes on this question at this time.
- professional Engineering: 3 years (required)
- Amazon Web Services: 1 year (required)
- Google Cloud Platform: 1 year (required)
Toronto - Canada
Fullstack Job Details
Hotspex Media (www.hotspexmedia.com) has developed advertising technology that helps our customers buy contextual ad placements that align with their targeted emotions. We've developed a product called Reticle (www.reticleai.com) and it's being used by the likes of Amazon, Under Armour, and The Home Depot. We need your help to solve challenging problems and help make our innovative product better!
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Bring
The Hotspex Way: Our Values
At Hotspex we know our people are what allows us to achieve all that we do and that’s why it’s important that everyone we bring onto our team lives our values with us.
Learn Nonstop: We learn nonstop because we love what we do. Because we love what we do, we do it extremely well
Got Your Back: We take care of each other. We support one another. We build each other up. There is no culture without great people.
Yes Before No: We are solution focused. We are flexible, inquisitive and positive. Any innovation must start with yes.
Inclusive: We seek differing opinions. We ensure all voices are heard. We are strong when we are different.
We’ve Got Guts: We empower change. We step outside our comfort zone and bring our teammates with us. We have tough conversations. We ask to be challenged. We listen.
Hotspex Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Please note that we can only process candidates that are currently based and permanent residents of Canada.
Woven Assessment > Screener > Team Review > Meeting w Management > Offer
Hotspex Media has partnered with Woven (https://www.woventeams.com/) to get insight into how you solve the kinds of real-world problems you might encounter in this role you are applying for. After successfully applying in this job board, you will receive an invitation from Woven to start on timed exercise. You will also get actionable feedback on your work afterwards.
This Woven assessment is Hotspex Media’s technical evaluation and is an essential part of your application process. You will find more information about this in the email you will receive.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year