- Develop full stack .NET applications
- Write scalable SQL and Elasticsearch queries that impact millions of rows while keeping execution time low
- Develop APIs that expose data and services to the rest of the company
- Collaborate with designers and UX experts to create applications that allow to visualize and interpret information in a few clicks
- Participate in your team's Scrum process
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions where many tools, architectures and processes are on the table
- Submit pull requests and discuss solutions with the team in order to share knowledge
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing SOLID and testable code
- Be willing to take ownership of the quality of the software from beginning to end
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role
- Proficiency with C#, T-SQL and Frontend development
- Knowledge with Elasticsearch, MongoDB & JS Frameworks is a plus
- Experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud and Docker is a plus
- Individuals with a curious mindset and willingness to learn new things
- Knowledge in development methods, best practices, conventions, algorithms and design patterns
- Courageous individuals who are not afraid to fail and learn from mistakes
- Good English skills
Lisbon - Portugal
Fullstack Job Details
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic .NET full stack developer that helps us to design and build a new generation of tools that will transform open-access publishing (see a video from our CEO about Open Science). You will be working in a Cloud environment with Microsoft Azure and developing .NET applications and APIs.
Our technology stack includes technologies like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, .NET Core, Vue.js among others. If you have worked before with these technologies, that would be a plus. Otherwise, this can be a great opportunity for you to get familiar with them.
You will work in a Scrum team along with other talented developers. Supported by a Scrum Master, QA and Product Owner, the team usually works in 2 week sprints.
What you will do
What we are looking for
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.