- Perform 3D modelling, 3D annotations and 2D drawings for:
- Welded assemblies
- Sheet Metal parts
- Forging/Casting/Extrusion/Machined parts
- Integrate interfaces with other Sub-Systems
- Filling-up attributes for each part in Digital Mock-Up (naming, material, Fire & Smoke, etc.)
- Verifying consistency of digital mock-up (no clash, etc.) and compliance with requirements (allocated volumes, weight, interfaces, etc.) on the assigned scope.
- Preparing and documenting Design Reviews
- Realizing stack-up analysis
- Create and maintain Engineering Bill of Material
- Production support on-site
- Updating Digital Mock-Up considering Engineering Change Requests
- Control of the Carbody shell configuration (Fit, Form and Function)
- Applying specific rules and processes.
- College degree or university, 2-3 years of experience in mechanical design
- Experience in the transport sector is an asset
- Basic knowledge of Steel and Aluminum welding processes
- Catia V5 skills, sheet metal workbench, etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who likes to learn and share new knowledge
- Ability to multitask in a matrixial and project-oriented organization
- Open to short-term trips to support productions sites
- Functional in French, professional proficiency in English.
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville - Canada
Fullstack Job Details
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Join us as Carbody Shell Designer, and you’ll be engaged in a career-defining role by participating in the design of passenger railroad vehicles.
As a Carbody design team member, you will:
We are seeking candidates with the following profile:
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.