- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, or a related field
- Passion for user experience and design and a deep understanding of front-end architecture
- Comfortable working towards a multi-year vision with incremental deliverables
- Strong familiarity with server-side web technologies (eg: Nodejs, Java, Python, Scala, C#, C++,Go, JVM)
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying, and operating large scale distributed systems
- Health insurance reimbursement and collective healthcare scheme
- Life, accident and disability coverage
- Company pension
- Paid parental leave
- Annual vacation bonus
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Fullstack Job Details
At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers — and customer obsessed — we leap at every opportunity to solve technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
Unlike traditional enterprise software, we design and build modern SaaS products that bring delight to all of the stakeholders: decision makers, admins, and end users. As a full stack software engineer, you will work closely with your team and product management to bring that delight through great user experience.
Below are some example teams you can join:
SQL Analytics Console: SQL Analytics is a new product that provides Databricks customers with a first-class experience for performing Business Intelligence (BI) and running SQL workloads directly on the data lake. Our team builds the "console" for SQL Analytics, where users configure, manage and monitor their SQL usage.
Jobs and Workflows: This team powers all asynchronous customer workloads for Databricks which is the majority of Databricks usage. As this usage has rapidly increased - we've rearchitected the system for increased stability and scalability. We are also building exciting new features for more advanced workflows and customer observability. This team has a mix of frontend, backend, and reliability engineering skills & projects.
Developer Ecosystem: The developer ecosystem team focuses on the development experience and best practices using tools outside of the workspace. We own and govern the core developer ecosystem open-source components: the SDK, the CLI, and Terraform.
What we look for:
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems.