- 3+ years of software development experience with an understanding of core Java concepts and clean code principles; experience in Java server-side technologies (preferably Spring based) and testing skills & working knowledge of JUnit, Mockito
- Cloud services: experience with any of the main cloud providers
- Docker: building, debugging experience
- Git: git-flow / PR reviews
- University Degree (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance)
- An enthusiastic approach to taking on new opportunities and challenges
- Hands on Angular 10+: Typescript/RxJs/HTML/CSS/SASS
- AWS experience: Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloudwatch, Batch, etc.
- SQL Database preferably Postgres
- Kubernetes / EKS
- Experience with SQL, data engineering and the modern data stack
- Excited to dig into user behavior in the retail investing space
- Work as a key member of an agile team to plan, develop, and test end-to-end projects that meet requirements
- Design and implement scalable REST API's, backend processes for automated customer data and analytics, and front-end web application that expose this information to customers and internal stakeholders alike
- Develop your skills across the stack, and apply practices that deliver sustainable software and business agility
Ottawa - Canada
Fullstack Job Details
Backend / Fullstack Developer
User Insights & Analytics Team
## Who are we?
Fintech is an exciting space! Join us at Trading Central as we transform the investing experience for millions of retail investors. If you know someone who runs their own stock portfolio, then there's a good chance that they use our insightful investing analysis to help make their decisions. We have been* successfully supporting investment decisions through innovation since 1999*. Our award-winning fintech products are embedded in the websites and mobile apps of 300+ financial brands worldwide with a powerful combination of patented software, artificial intelligence and human expertise.
With offices in New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Cyprus, Sydney and Ottawa, we are truly a global team with an entrepreneurial startup company culture. Here at Trading Central, you get the opportunity to become familiar with the entire team and to see your projects through from concept to completion. We’re proud to create a friendly, social and intellectually challenging environment focused on building collaborative teams and personal career growth. We build personalized career paths for each employee and give you the tools, education, and opportunities to succeed.
Our work environment is fast paced and team oriented, encouraging creative problem solving, customer focus and a passion to advance your craft. We connect across our global offices every day to deliver on our mission to empower today’s investors with actionable, insightful analytics. This journey is filled with learning opportunities and challenges, which are balanced with a friendly atmosphere and work-life balance. If you are an ambitious self-starter hungry to make a difference in today’s capital markets, you will be a good fit at Trading Central.
## Who are you?
You are a diligent and curious software developer interested in further developing your experience with various web and server technologies in an environment that supports your growth as a forward thinking and creative builder.
Nice to have:
## What will we do together?
We are hiring a Backend / Fullstack Developer as we build our agile development team to support the User Insights & Analytics department. This team was recently created to expand the business intelligence, customer influence and creativity that inspire our decisions.
Together we will build the next generation enterprise portal that Trading Central customers will benefit from to test drive our products, access developer support and explore their own usage analytics. We’re also responsible for logging and studying usage analytics and behavior across our customer base. You’ll help make these actionable data insights available to internal stakeholders and customers alike to support effective decision making.
Your main responsibilities will be:
## Ready to apply?
We invite you to submit your resume.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Trading Central is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience.
Job Type: Full-time