- Develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Own delivery of features end to end, analysis and design
- Take ownership of system stability over the different environments
- Investigate new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvement of the system
- Promote and enforce best practices, existing development guidelines and continuous code improvement
- Work closely with the product and business teams to ensure developments exceed our customer’s expectations
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest / Cypress or similar
- Experience with React, although other modern client-side JS frameworks such as Vue & Angular considered
- Exposure to AWS serverless frameworks such as CloudFormation, Lambda, SQS or similar
- Exposure to mobile app development using frameworks such as React Native
- Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
- Passionate in building cutting-edge, high quality applications
- Quick learner, Creative thinker, Researcher, Deliver
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Diverse learning and development opportunities to support you to progress in your career
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 50% discount in your first year on AA breakdown membership
- Discounts on AA products including car and home insurance
- Employee discount scheme that gives you access to a car salary sacrifice scheme plus great discounts on healthcare, shopping, holidays and more
- Worksave pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
Cardiff, Wales - United Kingdom
Fullstack Job Details
Location: Remote + 1 day a week in our Cardiff office
Salary: Up to £54,000 DOE + Benefits
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Solution bringers. Day makers. Extra milers. We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our members wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
What will I be doing?
We're looking for someone to fit into our hardworking semi-remote team. In return, we offer plenty of flexibility with a great culture and team blend. You will collaborate closely with pair-programming and extensive peer reviews alongside our various social events.
As a core member of our team, you will be required to hit the ground running and have a passion for building well-tested client and server-side applications using React, NodeJS, GraphQL & React-Native. You should have a strong interest in working with the latest technologies and strive to continuously learn and develop both technically and interpersonally.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. As a valued member of The AA team, you’ll have access to a range of benefits including:
Plus, so much more!