- Deliver best-in-class software in collaboration with designers, product managers, and other developers
- Drive and own the technical challenges in the team
- Participate in development planning, retrospectives and demos
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to achieve the technical objectives
- Contribute to the team's culture by joining discussions and challenging your peers
- Extending your own skills by learning from and growing with the team
- Professional experience developing with Go (or the willingness to learn)
- Full-stack web development (frontend + backend) experience.. We primarily use Typescript and React on the frontend
- Professional experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with programming patterns and microservices architecture
- Familiarity with Docker
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Strong understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery
- Strong knowledge in software development lifecycles, coding standards, source control management, code reviews, build processes, testing, and monitoring
- Attention to detail and have the ability to think abstractly
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Have an open mindset about seeking improvement and feedback
- Eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes
- An appetite for learning
- Experience with other web development languages
- Some experience with PHP and Java
- Experience with GraphQL
- Knowledge of eCommerce / POS systems
- Continuous integration and deployment of SaaS applications
- Building microservices and with monolith decomposition
- Familiarity with Docker & Kubernetes
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of your comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that's creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Our developers work on Macbook Pros
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
Montreal - Canada
Fullstack Job Details
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We're looking for a Fullstack Software Developer II to join our Lightspeed X-Series Team in Montreal. With Lightspeed X-Series, you'll build software solutions that provide merchants all of the tools that they need to thrive in the market. You'll join a product development team that believes in continuously delivering value while following software engineering best practices and building robust, scalable solutions for our customers.
For this role, you should be located in Montreal or the surrounding area.
What you'll be responsible for:
What you'll be bringing to the team
Even better if you have hands-on experience with (but not necessary):
Who you are:
We know that people are more than what's on their CV. If you're unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the 'Apply' button and let's have a chat!
What's in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
… and enjoy a range of benefits that'll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you're proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal's gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.