- Writing, reviewing, and maintaining code primarily written in Typescript (React) and Ruby (Rails, StimulusReflex)
- Developing and maintaining our library of client-side components which allow our team to rapidly deliver excellent user experiences across the breadth of the solar development process
- Solving the complex problems inherent to our domain with our unique blend of Rails and React best practices, functional principles, and service-oriented design
- Working with our Product team to identify high-leverage solutions to help Wunder achieve its mission
- Shaping our architectural philosophy and technical direction by exploring nascent technologies or problem spaces new to Wunder
- Enjoying unallocated, flexible time for deep work, collaboration, or attending to the important non-work aspects of life (the engineering team has 5 hours of "no meeting zone" per day).
- Establishing the way in which our team and processes evolve as Wunder embarks on its next phase of rapid growth
- You're a Builder - You have called yourself a hacker/dev/engineer for 5+ years, during which you've worked across the stack to consistently deliver exceptional experiences to users. Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, Typescript, React, StimulusReflex, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, and CircleCI. While in depth knowledge on each of these is not required, some understanding is useful.
- You Know What You're Doing - You should be excited to work on a high-output team, be challenged, and do the best work of your career.
- Familiar with Finance - Ideally, you have worked with financial technologies and are familiar with building the systems necessary to facilitate billions in transactions.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced rapid-growth environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You're not just excited to work cross-functionally, you demand it.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
- Remote-friendly environment and flexible schedules, as long as you're located within the U.S.
- A big, bright, funky office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous travel budget for remote team members (expect to travel to Boulder quarterly once it's safe to do so)
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team offsites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication
Boulder, CO - United States of America
Fullstack Job Details
Wunder is building a Modern Energy Company.
We were founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the deployment of solar energy. In doing so, we help businesses, municipalities, and schools save money by delivering clean on-site power. We convert simple warehouses into electrified industrial platforms built for the future. We enable the nation's leading commercial and industrial real estate firms to capture the benefits of solar across their properties. We align ESG goals with revenue targets, and the renewable energy assets we're deploying today will power America's tomorrow.
Wunder currently holds more than $1 billion in solar assets under management and capital commitments. Our team has evaluated more than 10,000 properties for solar across all 50 states. Our average solar system - about 480 kilowatts in size - can offset 350,000 pounds of coal burned each year of system operation!
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced, intellectually curious, and creative Senior Frontend Engineer to join our fast-growing company. Like the rest of us, this person will wear many hats; you will work closely with our founders, our product team, and Wunder's various teams of finance and solar experts. Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve problems and push renewable energy forward. Specifically, you will be working alongside our talented team of engineers to bring automation to our risk evaluation and deal execution process, and help streamline the portfolio servicing infrastructure that keeps our growing base of distributed energy-generating assets online. Your area of expertise will be on Wunder's Frontend systems but you will work across the stack to deliver end-to-end solutions. Your day-to-day will include:
If you're looking to build the next iPhone app for teenagers or the next SaaS product for agencies, this role isn't for you. But if you obsess about your users (at Wunder, they're often your teammates), are passionate about solving complex problems on a daily basis, and want to fight climate change, then this is the role for you!
Want more information on what it's like being on the Software Engineering Team at Wunder? Click here for the Wunder Engineering Handbook.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet - and that's hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
SALARY & EQUITY
The base salary range for this role is $180,000 - $286,000 per year, plus equity in the form of stock options. Wunder determines the successful candidate's compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the interview process.
BENEFITS & PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You'll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI)
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we're constantly improving it! We're committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don't check every box in the 'About You' section above.
Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it's also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $180,000.00 - $286,000.00 per year