- Works closely with the Head of Development and other developers to maintain and evolve the development standards of the agency
- Demonstrates high levels of attention to detail and standards of accuracy in all code deliverables
- Maintains and improves working knowledge of key development languages
- Works as part of a New Business pitch team to sell the capabilities of the development function
- Stays on the cutting edge, keeping up to date with new techniques and technologies, with a desire to learn and experiment
- Develops design and UX knowledge to a sufficient standard, collaborating with other delivery functions
- Develops and progresses opportunities to diversify the development product portfolio, highlighting opportunities to expand the agency capability set
- Ensures best practice, experience and knowledge of best practices for development standards is adopted
- Shows a clear adoption and development of latest techniques, offering exploratory solutions to development requirements
- Develops a good ideology for managing maintainable, scalable solutions and blueprint products (re-usable assets)
- Maintains regular day-to-day contact with key internal stakeholders to manage their expectations
- Raises delivery time scale concerns as soon as possible to limit damage to the project and allocated time budget
- 3+ years experience
- Strong understanding of back-end programming concepts and PHP
- Experience developing in WordPress
- Must have HTML/CSS3/SASS practices that support responsive design, progressive enhancement, SEO best practices, W3C and accessibility standards across both desktop and mobile web
- Strong vanilla JS skills and experience with ES6 and jQuery
- SVG animation experience with Canvas / CSS3 Keyframes / JS animation
- Experience using Figma, Photoshop and/or Sketch in collaboration with UX/UI design
- Confident communication, both written and verbal – occasional client meetings may be required
- A quick learner and forward thinking
- A passion for digital
- Ambition and drive
- A proactive approach and an ability to work independently
- Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Fluent English speaker
- A well-rounded understanding of modern web technologies
- Experience of delivering technically sophisticated / complex creative solutions – demonstrable ability to talk the talk with clients, suppliers and business stakeholders
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Well organised, detail driven and results orientated
- Positive communication and negotiation skills, able to adapt leadership style to deal with different people and environments
- Sets a good example for more junior members of the team
Lisbon - Portugal
Fullstack Job Details
Job title Full Stack Wordpress Developer
Based London HQ, UK (Remote)
Working remotely with our UK London Office. This role will be working directly for the Head of Development within an exciting and expanding team, you will work alongside other digital creatives and developers devising visually arresting and engaging websites, mobile applications and e-campaigns that surprise and delight users, exploiting cutting edge development techniques and methods. You are a forward thinking, engaging, Developer with a user centred approach to creating brilliant design experiences.
You will live and breathe development and will be able to demonstrate your ability to not only create complex solutions, but also understand how to architect development solutions that uphold the initial vision and delivers business benefit.
Above all you must be naturally striving to be at the cutting edge of what they do and appreciates digital is more than just a job. You will be hungry to learn and develop and in return you will be welcomed into a tight knit, evolving team that is part of a unique agency with ambitious growth plans, also you must understand the dynamic of a streamlined team and sometimes to get the best result you must go above and beyond the expected.
What will you do?
About TEAM LEWIS
We are a global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
At the heart of the business is the TEAM LEWIS Foundation (TLF). A non-profit charitable entity, funded by TEAM LEWIS, the TLF makes grants to support individuals undertaking charitable activities and charitable organisations in achieving their goals. The TLF promotes social, cultural, economic and environmental innovation that benefits society. It aims to strengthen the bonds between the communications industry, businesses, governments and non-profits. In 2021, the TLF granted $1 million to small and large organisations all over the globe. The goal in 2022 is to grant $5 million. Community charities are championed by TEAM LEWIS’ employees, who volunteer their time and skills to maximise the grants’ effectiveness.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment, and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.