- Lead in the creation and execution of novel solutions to complex, unbounded technical problems.
- Work in a continuous, agile build and release cycle that we are consistently working to improve.
- Be committed to product excellence to ensure the smoothest user experience.
- Embrace a close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues.
- Help define the architecture and technical strategy that guide the engineering team.
- Consistently take steps to support the growth and success of your fellow engineers.
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Bring your authentic self to work
- Hands-on and team-oriented
- Desire to work on a product that really matters to its users, that's absolutely central to their success
- Ability to adjust, plan and react as needed
- Proven and demonstrable track record of success with web/mobile consumer-facing development projects.
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule.
- Good judgment particularly in high-pressure times
- Able to independently structure and manage workflow and priorities
- Possess the Obligatory Pithy Characteristics of Mature Engineers
- Nodejs or Ruby/Rails
- ExpressJs or some other flavor of Nodejs web app framework
- Building RESTful API’s
- SQL and NoSQL (you must understand a database beyond an ORM)
- CI/CD, Git, Linters, Agile .. all the basics of day to day software development
- Nice to haves in no particular order
- Go, Python or the like
- Experience building microservices
- Twilio modules
- Experience working on CRM's
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to work in PST/EST timezone?
- professional Engineering (not including internships): 4 years (Required)
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Fullstack Job Details
About the Company
It’s been said that moving is one of life’s most stressful events. We knew there had to be a better way to make the experience easier for the companies who move 40 million Americans each year – that’s how the idea for Oncue was born.
We are honest and transparent with ourselves, our customers, and our customers’ customers. We believe trust is at the forefront of a great relationship and everyone operates with the best of intentions.
From Zen Buddhism meaning “beginner’s mind.” We approach everything with openness, even if we’re an expert. We’re curious and open to possibilities.
Focus on Impact
We are passionate about transforming the moving industry. We focus our time and energy on where we can have the biggest impact for our customers
Everything we do is to help our customers achieve positive outcomes. We treat them as they expect to be treated and always put them first.
We are hiring for a Full Stack Developer!
As a Full Stack Developer on the team, you will possess the skills and confidence to undertake the challenges of working in a fast-paced start-up environment, frequently be taken out of your comfort zone, and relish getting your hands dirty working with and building the next generation of our product platform. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
In this role you will:
High proficiency in:
Woven assessment > phone screen > tech interview > culture interview
Oncue has partnered with Woven (https://www.woventeams.com/) to get insight into how you solve the kinds of real-world problems you might encounter in this role you are applying for. After successfully applying in this job board, you will receive an invitation from Woven to start on timed exercise. You will also get actionable feedback on your work afterwards.
This Woven assessment is Oncue’s technical evaluation and is an essential part of your application process. You will find more information about this in the email you will receive.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote