- Expand and enhance our many ETL data pipelines which are used by clients and research teams to produce useful insight on the commodity market using Python, Airflow (Astronomer) and PostgreSQL
- Building new features for our AWS based platform focusing on metrics & forecasting
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and PMs to build a world class data portfolio, focusing on modern engineering solutions including testing, monitoring and observability
- Find efficient ways to tackle challenges using the relevant and up to date technologies
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
- You have at least 1 years of experience in a similar role including significant experience in Java, Scala or equivalent language. Python is a plus
- You value code simplicity, performance and details
- You are familiar with building ETL and data pipelines, using asynchronous framework is a plus
- You are comfortable with SQL and NoSQL databases for OLTP and OLAP usages.
- You have demonstrated that you can learn and adapt quickly
- You embrace growth mindset and are excited to learn and improve
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth start-up environment
- You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
Be humble - We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
- Respect and care for others - We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
- Take responsibility - We take ownership of our actions.
- Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
- Be bold - We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Fullstack Job Details
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we've built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
We are looking for a Junior Full Stack Engineer to join our Software Engineering team (85+ engineers)!
As a Full Stack Engineer, you are expected to:
You may be a fit if...
1) Recruiter Screen - 30 minutes
2) Hiring Manager Screen - 45 minutes
3) Take home exercise
4) Exercise debrief - 1 hour
5) Meet the Team - 1 hour
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice