- Take the ownership for designing, developing, deploying and operating end-to-end solutions for both end customers as well as our operation teams
- Bind our front and back end services together and monitor, test and continuously optimize
- Deliver high quality software by paying strong attention to API design, automated tests, scalability and resilience
- Work in a cross functional team consisting of developers, product managers and business developers
- Proactively share knowledge and learn from your peers
- You have 3+ years of experience working in cross-functional teams
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing and operating microservices on a highly distributed system as well as know-how to build user-friendly web applications with great user experience.
- Strong passion for developing clean, well maintainable and testable code
- Working experience with high level of test automation (Unit, Component, Integration, User Journey, …)
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- If you work from an office in your role, a choice of office equipment to be delivered to you, to support you working from home due to COVID-19 safety
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
Berlin - Germany
Fullstack Job Details
Fullstack Engineer - Zalando Premium Logistics
THE ROLE & THE TEAM
As a Fullstack Engineer on the Zalando Premium Logistics team, you will have the opportunity to delight our customers through fast and convenient delivery solutions in metropolitan areas. Customers receive their orders the next day and in many cases as early as the same evening. You will be responsible for developing and operating in production backend microservices using Java and Kubernetes. You will have the opportunity to help us to provide an easy and most frictionless tracking service to our end customers as well as applications for our operation teams.
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groups
WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.