- Drive the evolution of our architecture and help to lead the implementation of this evolution.
- Bring our 3-year technical strategy to life by crafting it and being responsible for the execution in collaboration with your peer engineering managers.
- Be the chairperson of our Technical Steering Group in CS Platform – a group of individual contributors that drives engineering excellence across our organisation.
- Participate with other staff+ engineers to shape the direction of other platforms in our parent organisation.
- Coordinate strategic technical projects across our 5 squads in Customer Service Platform and other teams across Spotify as a technical leader.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve how to craft scalable systems, delightful customer experiences, and SDKs and APIs that help other teams to meet their Customer Service needs.
- Partner up with our vendors and 3rd-party providers to ensure we buy outstanding vendor software, and build strategic capabilities in-house;
- Collaborate with engineering managers, product managers, data scientists, user researchers, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems inside and outwards of the Customer Service domain.
- Be a leader in the Spotify-wide web and backend communities;
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document, and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have experience writing distributed, high-volume services and know how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You enjoy working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly in collaboration with design, data science, and user research teams.
- You know how to partner up with product managers to shape products, trim down scope where needed, and build systems to achieve business outcomes;
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You enjoy mentoring and growing other engineers by providing technical guidance and interpersonal advice.
- Customer Service domain experience is not needed but is a plus.
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
London, England - United Kingdom
Fullstack Job Details
The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
London or Remote EMEA
Part of the Freemium R&D mission, this team is the home of two key business platforms for Spotify: Commerce Platform and Customer Service Platform. We are looking for a Staff Engineer with experience in building platforms and internal products to join Customer Service Platform, a collection of 5 teams that are redefining how to make Customer Service Easy at Spotify, by providing our customers with the help that's easy to find, advisors with tools that are easy to use, and other product development teams with SDKs and APIs that are easy to integrate to our platform.
We are looking for a technical leader that relentlessly advocates for customers, feels comfortable working across team boundaries, and is not afraid to take on the responsibility to lead strategic projects. In this role, this person will grow the capabilities of our systems and of other individuals by championing engineering excellence, facilitating technical strategies and roadmaps, and holding the responsibility of representing our organisation in the web and backend communities at Spotify.
What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
Where You'll Be
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.