- Collaborate closely with consumers of the SDK to ensure our offering is accelerating their ability to offer remarkable and robust eCommerce experiences in record time.
- Supply extensible and insightful architectural decisions that will unlock remarkable developer experiences for our consumers.
- 5+ years of fullstack / front-end development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to build beautiful, refined and intuitive products
- Innate curiosity, a desire to learn and teach, and a keen eye for detail
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- A deep understanding of the importance of performance monitoring, logging, and telemetry
- Experience working with PHP (Preferably PHP 7+), Laravel, or Go
- Experience working with relational databases, with a strong understanding of best practices
- PHP 7.4+, Laravel, Go
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Kubernetes, Docker, DynamoDB
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Fullstack Job Details
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Ecommerce SDK team is responsible for making our powerful and highly optimized cart and checkout experience re-usable in a “plug-and-play” manner across each of the sales channels Square supports (and will support in the future).
Technologies we use and teach:
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.