- Designing and supporting the deployment of managed (mostly) and self-deployed database clusters. You’ll do this for a range of different startup projects at different scales, using different database technologies (NoSQL, SQL, KV).
- Designing and running pressure and scalability tests over the database clusters. As well as configuring sharding, horizontal, and vertical scaling policies on the DB clusters.
- Isolating, refactoring, and improving slow queries.
- 3+ years of experience developing and supporting database systems
- Familiarity with the major Cloud Vendors database offering (GCP and AWS)
- Work experience with sharding techniques (eg. selecting the sharding keys)
- You should also be comfortable using SDKs for the most popular database types (multi-dialect: Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL) on Node.js
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Expertise with Linux environments, Docker and Kubernetes Orchestrator
- Cost reduction techniques for managed database services on Cloud Vendors
- Experience with large data lakes
- Experience wiring scripts in Bash, Python, or Go
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Helm, Puppet, Terraform, or AWS CloudFormation
- Experience with ELK Stacks
- Experience using Cloud Vendors managed DB Solutions: Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Figma – for design, prototyping and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- Jira and Confluence –for collaboration and organisation
- A one-hour interview with our People Team, so we can get to know you better
- A one-and-a-half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience
- A final one-hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- We need you to be eligible to work in Portugal and live in either Lisbon, Porto, Aveiro or Braga (or be happy to relocate). That being said, we have a remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners and much more.
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
Lisbon - Portugal
Fullstack Job Details
Are you an experienced Database Developer looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top-talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a Database Developer, you’ll be responsible for the design, programming, construction, and implementation of new databases. As well as modifying existing databases for platform updates and changes in user needs in demanding web projects.
With us, you’ll not be alone working in these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a Database Developer, you’ll be:
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use:
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to becoming an Altarion.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.