- Design, and build core features for existing products and the creation of new products.
- Leverage industry best practices, tools, and infrastructure using Agile methodology.
- Define engineering goals for the team along with the Engineering Manager.
- Product backlog refinement in close collaboration with the Product Owner and the Scrum team.
- Help drive the completion of projects and objectives in an Agile software development organization.
- Build Prototypes and Reports for solutions in ambiguous technical and product situations and to determine appropriate solutions.
- Track progress against milestones, identify and resolve obstacles, communicate objectives and requirements.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Look for constant improvement of our infrastructure and applications performance.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Strong Experience Building Java applications using industry frameworks and design patterns SOA and Spring Framework/JPA, MVC, etc.
- 3+ years of Experience as Tech Lead managing a team of developers, with leadership and constant feedback involved in projects of Java application development, microservices.
- Proficient with Redis, RabbitMQ or related (SQS).
- Strong knowledge in technology such as MySQL/DynamoDB
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to solve algorithmic tasks.
- Experience working with AWS/Cloud infrastructure, Cloud Formation.
- English strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience writing technical and business requirement documents.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Fullstack Job Details
Who we are
Payclip is changing the way payments work in Mexico! We are empowering people to exchange value directly from a mobile device. Clip enables anyone to accept card payments, at any time, and anywhere by turning your smartphone or tablet into a card terminal. We're a well-funded quickly growing FinTech startup. We are the leaders in our market and are accelerating to extend our lead and move into new markets. We accept applicants from LATAM, remote work!
We are looking for a Technical Lead (fullstack) to be part of this amazing and fast – growing fintech. This candidate will lead the team responsible for web-based applications (front and backend) PayClip’s core payment processing infrastructure. S/He will develop and experiment programs with different technologies. This person will be willing to experiment with new technologies to reach Clip customers, the role includes in the scope becoming the experts on content usage and customer insights. The successful candidate will lead a high performing productive applications development team in designing and building business critical web-based applications that delight users, enable growth and reduce friction. S/he should thrive in a culture of decisions based on analytics, be able to step-back and communicate both the strategic and immediate implications on priorities. This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish and be willing to continue learning and loving technology.
What will I do
Build and strengthen your career in one of the industries that is changing the world: the Fintech industry! And best of all, you will experience the atmosphere and dynamism of a startup with the compensation and benefits of an established company!
At Clip we embrace and honor the differences of our Clippers, and together we create a vibrant and extraordinary culture in a space where everyone can be their true self and thrive to their full potential. We promote access to the same opportunities in a safe and respectful space, free of discrimination and harassment. Diversity, equity and inclusion have been part of Clip since its foundation and are a key part of our essence. Together we make the extraordinary happen!
If you are unstoppable, creative and have the skills we need, we want to hear from you!