- Write solutions to well-defined product stories with tests
- Maintain engineering documentation
- Analyse your constraints and escalate any blockers
- Contribute to technical discussions with clarity and empathy
- Respond to mentor feedback and strive to improve on every new task
- Conduct code reviews and give thoughtful, actionable feedback
- Embodies continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and without uncertainty
- Passion for solving complex problems
- Empathetic team member who instinctively helps others
- Independently motivated to improve their environment
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Test-driven development
- CI / CD tools and patterns
Vancouver - Canada
Fullstack Job Details
We're looking for curious problem solvers: Software Engineers who love to imagine the future and then build the products that create it.
By joining Paystone, you are joining a team that is future-focused and driven by our mission of creating Customer Driven Growth.
By helping our clients create better experiences for their customers and then motivating their happy customers to share their experiences with others, our platform creates momentum for our clients to gain more happy customers. In other words, we win when our customers do.
Why join us?
Utilize a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals to build and ship clean, well-tested, features and fixes to production on our NiceJob platform. Own your own professional development and grow every day with support from a senior engineer mentor. Contribute to technical and cultural discussions in an environment where every voice counts. Independently improve the culture, patterns, and practices employed by the engineering team.
Nice to have:
Good! We want all the curiosity we can muster. Innovation stems from observation and questioning, so be eager, be innovative, and be ready to raise the bar.
Paystone is a leading North American payment and software company redefining the way merchants engage their customers and grow their businesses. The company's seamlessly integrated suite of automated payment processing, customer loyalty, gift card solutions, and now reputation marketing, is used by brands such as Irving Oil, The Source, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn, and many of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands . Paystone's solutions are used at over 30,000 locations across Canada and the United States which collectively process over 10 billion dollars a year in bankcard volume. The fintech company employs over 150 employees and serves as the technology partner of choice for hundreds of partners across North America.
Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.**