- Build Mister Spex API-driven, next-generation e-commerce frontend
- Take ownership of complex software modules and services
- Work closely together with stakeholders and product management and create something phenomenal
- Identify and communicate best practices for continuous learning in the tech department
- 3+ years of software development experience
- You are excited about agile, test-driven software development with a sense of delivering with quality
- You're fluent in TypeScript, Next.js, Node.js, and can guide others
- Speaking to APIs is nothing new to you. Ideally, you’ve gained experience with OpenAPI & GraphQL
- Cross functional collaboration is something that comes naturally.
- Managing the full application lifecycle from development to production (DevOps) is something you can't imagine any other way
- English on a fluent level
Berlin - Germany
Fullstack Job Details
Who we are
Mister Spex is Europe’s leading omnichannel optician. What makes us unique is the combination of optometry and tech. We are looking for tech talents who want to join us in disrupting the market with new digital solutions. Everything we develop is designed to help our customers find the perfect glasses or sunglasses easily, quickly, and with fun and joy, in the online shop as well as in person.
To support the customer journey with passion and focus, we split it into six parts, called Tribes. As the ProductView-Tribe, we are a cross-domain tribe with a broad range of responsibilities.
What the job is about
You are working on the presentation of our products along all online and offline touchpoints. With your work our customers can gather all needful product information in a most coherent way. Therefore, we count on your experience and idea to use the best technologies for best results.
What you’ll do
What you should bring
What our people value
Flexibility of working environment – We have a “New Work Policy” that allows you to be flexible in time & space, incl. temporary remote work from EU or your home country. The feedback you receive is based on the outcome and behavior, never on (non-existing) time sheets.
Human-centered leadership – We are a business, but it’s people who make it work. We believe it’s leader's responsibility to help you develop and grow. Our team lead’s foster supportive environment. We don’t want our people feeling overwhelmed. We want you to feel energized and engaged.
Team spirit – Just a couple of words on how our people describe our culture: appreciation, respect, trust, ownership, mutual support, value-driven. Sounds in-line with your values? Reach out & let’s see where you can make the biggest impact.
Other benefits – Full visa & relocation support, discounts on our products for you and your friends & family, 28 days of vacation, 10 days paid vacation for child-care, sabbatical options, choosing your hardware from a range of Apple or Dell devices and additional personal accessories.
At Mister Spex you are recruited for your competencies, skill set and potential. Our hiring process is tailored to your expectations and consists of 4 steps:
Step 1 / Recruiter Interview – Our goal is to evaluate what your personal development plan is and what do you expect from a new company.
Step 2 / Manager – An interview with our Team Leads, we will evaluate what are your strengths & what team specifically will allow you to make the biggest impact.
Step 3 / Meet your team – At this point, we internally matched you with one or multiple teams and give you the chance to meet them personally.
Step 4 / Meet our CTO – Get2know with our CTO, followed by detailed feedback or an offer.
Optional step – Code Review or Whiteboard task