- Work on solutions across multiple domains such as mobile, cloud, data, integration and security.
- Develop solutions from scratch and rapidly prototype new ideas, concepts, and designs.
- Collaborate with your fellow agile squad members in all aspects of agile software development including design, development, implementation, test and deployment.
- Create modern and responsive layouts from designs and instructions provided by the designer.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design.
- Self-document development processes, conduct peer reviews, and give actionable feedback.
- Work with the company validation- and agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continuous improvement.
- Actively contribute to the squad rituals such as planning meetings, standups, and retrospects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
- Proven experience with at least one server-side programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, .Net. Expert with designing and integrating RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of various DBMS technology such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQLServer. Knowledge of server handling with Apache, nginx or IIS.
- Preferably knowledge of caching mechanisms like varnish, Memcached, Redis.
- Experience with CI/CD and container management.
- Knowledge of the Azure Cloud tech stack.
- Good communication skills.
- Affinity for working in a flexible, diverse, and fast-growing environment.
Lisbon - Portugal
Fullstack Job Details
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world. Our Innovation Factory promotes and develops digital innovation initiatives across SGS; we deliver solutions to the business at scale and speed. Our mission is to create a better, safer and connected world by supporting, improving or augmenting our physical operations with digital technologies.
Working as part of an innovation team developing digital services, you will utilise modern technology and your programming skills to develop new cloud-based solutions. Partnering with a Product Manager, Data Scientists and Designers, you will contribute to the build and release of new digital services at scale and speed. Your team will follow a user-centric and agile approach to continuously validate assumptions with the user and client.
More specifically, you will:
This position will be based at our Innovation Centre in Lisbon. We offer hybrid working with our positions. Unfortunately we are unable to offer relocation support or visa sponsorship for our positions.