- Develop features in both frontend and backend systems.
- Coordinate with the product team to translate feature needs into technical requirements.
- Identify and anticipate performance bottlenecks in existing systems and develop optimizations.
- Join collaborative discussions to approach complex problems.
- Help develop and maintain a regular, organized release cadence.
- Communicate blockers and needs with other stakeholders to ensure smooth development.
- Empathy for our peers in engineering, product, and clinical staff.
- Proven experience in both frontend and backend development.
- Deep knowledge of various backend systems and patterns and an understanding of the benefits and tradeoffs of each.
- A product-minded development approach that prioritizes user experience.
- Foresight that can anticipate corner cases, future use cases, and scaling concerns and mitigate them in system design.
- Strong communication skills for sharing and defending technical decisions.
- An attention to detail, appropriate for a company that deals in health data.
- Motivation to fill in relevant gaps in knowledge, be that via reaching out to peers or personal research.
- An eye for code style
New York, NY - United States of America
Fullstack Job Details
Perry Health is on a mission to rethink chronic care delivery through a purely-remote, continuous care model. This remote-first approach allows us to extend high-quality specialist care to all patients, regardless of geography or other care disparities. Although we plan on making Perry available to every patient with a chronic illness, we're starting with a focus on Medicare patients living with diabetes. Perry's remote care fills the necessary gap between physician appointments for our patients.
We equip our patients with cellular-connected devices (glucometers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.) that transmit data passively upon use, allowing even the most tech naive patient to participate. This real-time data flows to Perry's team of clinicians (physicians, nurses, dietitians), who monitor trends in the data and deliver proactive care over the phone. We've built a proprietary continuous-care Electronic Health Record (EHR), which can ingest these data pipelines and build elegant workflows on top of them for our clinical staff. Facing a chronic disease alone is overwhelming and isolating, and we aim to alleviate that emotional burden by providing care to our members 24/7.
Our high-touch approach to chronic care management creates tangible outcomes for our members and thousands of dollars in savings to the system by preventing hospitalizations, and we're just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
What You'll Do:
What You Bring to the Team: