- You will work collaboratively as a distributed team—we are a remote team and we use GitHub, Slack, and Zoom extensively to collaborate.
- You will partner with your team to design solutions that enable our business.
- We will iterate on our agile-inspired process regularly and we desire your participation and feedback.
- You enjoy creating solutions in a distributed, service-oriented architecture. We use tools like GraphQL and RabbitMQ to scale our team and software.
- You have roughly 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble.
- You value collaboration and kind communication
- You enjoy designing, building, and maintaining distributed systems. You know how to create alignment on technical design decisions. You enjoy guiding a team to enhance system reliability and observability.
- You enjoy working with business partners and engineers on other teams. Building good relationships and lines of communication with people across the organization is essential to our team mission.
- You have deep respect for your craft. You're always looking for better ways to write software and are enthusiastic about sharing them with your team.
- You are comfortable building applications with Ruby on Rails.
- You might have experience with GraphQL, Postgres, Redis and/or RabbitMQ.
- You enjoy working remotely.
- Ruby / Rails
- RabbitMQ / Kafka
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Fullstack Job Details
We’re a team of bright, kind individuals who are motivated by challenge and who care deeply about achieving great things. We know our individual strengths, but believe we only win as a team. We’re transforming the way people find what they love - and we need your big ideas. We just might be the perfect fit.
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DEMAND AND ENGAGEMENT SERVICES TEAM
ABOUT THE ROLE
Stitch Fix’s Demand and Engagement team is looking for a bright, kind Software Engineer who is eager to collaborate with a distributed team. This team is responsible for creating and maintaining engineering services that enable marketing demand and engagement.
As a member of this team, you will have opportunities to lead, collaborate, and innovate with engineers across domains to build services that enable marketing personalization and drive company growth.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE...
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE...
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include:
Even if you already have experience with these tools, you'll have the chance to get even better with them. And if you don't already use these tools, we will help you learn and become effective with them.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.