- Design, build and enhance OSD web, mobile/hybrid applications
- Design, build and enhance existing components in our internal component library
- Lead the frontend architecture application implementation in collaboration with the broader engineering team
- Lead implementation of new UX initiatives to support the architecture decision and vision
- Ensure coding standards and architecture guidelines are respected and web (and mobile) applications as well as hybrid apps meet scalability requirements
- Research, experiment with various web and mobile frontend technologies, and provide recommendations
- Proactively identify technical debt or improvement at the architecture level
- Advocate for improvements to product experience, quality, security, and performance
5+ years of experience in front-end web and mobile development of large-scale applications
- Experience with cross platform web application frameworks like ionic, electron
- Previous experience working with multiple engineering teams, cross functional in nature and geographically distributed
- Experience working with RESTful APIs for a SaaS solutions
- Experience working on iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience building reusable components
- Self-motivated with great organizational skills.
- Hands-on person, working on the ground with the rest of the engineers and a commitment to quality.
- Experience guiding continuous improvement of process and technology.
- Ability to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Fullstack Job Details
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
***This position is available in our new Montreal office***
As a Staff Software Designer in the Digital Solutions teams at Olympus, you'll own the front-end architecture of the OSD platform. You will work across multiple engineering teams to ensure the development of maintainable and scalable products and help improve the overall customer experience. If you have a solutions-oriented mindset, a strong sense of ownership and are excited about finding creative solutions to complex problems, this is the role for you!
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is a global technology leader, crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies; life sciences; industrial solutions; and cameras and audio products. Throughout our 100-year history, Olympus has focused on being true to society and making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
Olympus Canada Inc. (OCI)—a subsidiary of Olympus Corporation of the Americas—manages the Company’s operations and workforce throughout Canada in roles such as sales, marketing, service, and support functions. Based in Richmond Hill, ON, OCI is committed to developing our employees and supporting our local communities. For more information, visit olympuscanada.com and truetolife.com.
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Posting Notes: || Canada (CA) || Quebec (CA-QC) || Quebec ||