Full Stack Engineer Apprentice
Gamers out there, picture this - coming to the end of a busy working week and finishing off on a Friday with an afternoon of gaming. Sounds like a dream right?
Oh wait…this apprenticeship has EXACTLY that!
Intergalactic Gaming is a UK based company, headquartered in Manchester, who are building a next-gen social and competitive esports platform to empower gamers and teams. Their purpose is unique and ambitious: to change the world through gaming, one gamer at a time.
The team are looking for a full-stack apprentice who shares their passions for design, architecture and quality coding, so they can continue to build the best competitive gaming platform in the galaxy!
If successful, you would get the opportunity to support with frontend applications, work alongside UI/X designers, assist in building backend architecture AND contribute your own ideas to evolving designs! This apprenticeship opportunity is 100% OUT OF THIS WORLD.
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Software Development Technician qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Assisting in the development their frontend application (across web and mobile platforms), including frontend operational management
- Working alongside UI/X designers to make sure their app is as friendly and usable as possible, and actively contributing opinions to evolving designs
- Assisting in building the backend architecture that their products rely on, including integration and unit testing
- Owning quality implementations and testing for nominated full-stack projects, that will simplify their product operations and the way they manage data
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Passion and enthusiasm for ESports or gaming
- Relevant educational courses that relate to Software
- Innovative thinker and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Grade 4/C in GCSE Maths and English or Functional Skills equivalent is required for this role
- Annual salary of £20,000
- Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm (1 hour lunch)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Friday afternoons spent gaming!
- Flexi-work (home/office)
- Employer Pension scheme
- Once a month dedicate your time to a passion project whilst you work!
This apprenticeship programme will provide you with everything you need to launch and develop your career in software development. Afterwards, we’ll support you to take the next steps, including further training and progression onto a Level 4 qualification.
Your Training with Baltic Apprenticeships
Learn to create, test, and implement code as part of a professional software development team.
With our unique apprenticeship programme, you'll build an impressive range of coding skills - and learn to thrive as a junior developer.
You’ll be based full time with an employer and will quickly become an important part of the team. Our training is 100% online, including real-time classes with our expert trainers and self-paced courses created by industry specialists.
With a Baltic Apprenticeship, you'll be on your way to a long-term career in the Software industry. On completion of their apprenticeship programme, 95% of our learners remain in full-time employment or progress onto a higher-level apprenticeship.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.